Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another surgery

February 26, 2010
I went in to what I thought was going to be my 14th brain surgery, first they were going to go into my stomach and check my "shunt" that wasn't there (I didn't think lol) to see if it was working then if it was working correctly they would investigate my head which means cut open and do surgery there. Well to my pleasant surprise there was a shunt that was in my abdominal cavity but wasn't working correctly so my doctor cleaned it up and replaced it, like just moved it into another area. I woke up from my surgery feeling a little foggy...obviously because of anesthesia but after being awake for awhile and hearing what had taken place I was more than content, I was happy....surprisingly. Because I was completely sure that either way no matter what the outcome I was not going to be happy..I know I know GREAT attitude NOT but in my favor I have been through a lot of these and I think to say that they haven't been successful is an understatement. Well the worst of it I think is that they stretched out my Ugula (sp?) it's that hangy thing in the back of your throat that if you hit it with your toothbrush it gags you anyway and if it's stretched out it gives you one heck of a sore throat not to mention every now and then it gags me LOL. Well so I had that surgery on Friday and I was released to come home on Saturday geez same day surgery HAH but I have to say I was and still am pleased to be home. I missed my babes SOOO much while I was gone, isn't it ironic how one minute you want to run away forever and when you get the time away you miss them and think about them non-stop?? Crazy... So now I'm home and Steve is leaving tomorrow morning to go to SLC to work on Mon, Tue & Wed which for a minute I was TOTALLY stressed out about...how was I going to take care of the kids all on my own after having such an evasive although not as evasive as it could have been surgery. But I made some calls and asked some favors and was pleased that my very sweet babysitter Katie is willing to come stay here with me and the kids and help me out. I am SO thankful for her! Which I'm thinking we might even have some fun being silly girls I do miss being 16 quite often lol. So while Steve and I were up in Provo my mom and dad took the kids for me and got them to and from school although they live in Kanarraville and honestly I think Three Peaks Elementary is the furthest school in Iron County from where they live; they didn't complain when I started to ask questions my mom stopped me dead in my tracks and told me she will take care of it and that was that and as far as I know it all went "perfectly" does that word even reside in the same sentence with and 8 year old girl, a very busy 6 year old boy and a schedule all changed up??? LOL But I want to shout out a HUGE thank you to both of them for helping us out and making me feel as comfortable as could of been! Also my sweet Visiting teacher Janine came to my house and did loads and loads of laundry; washed, dried, folded and even put some away along with picking up here and there and even making my bed....WOW that doesn't happen very often for those of you that know me you KNOW my bed doesn't get made unless it's just had clean sheets on it in the daytime in which I usually change them RIGHT before bed so that cancels out the making of the bed then too, yes insanity.......love it!!!! So here I am typing away with some not just good news but GREAT news, no headache SERIOUSLY and just relaxing and listening to my 2 little angels that I missed SOOOO much! Now don't get me wrong my stomach hurts pretty darn bad you know cutting through all of those muscles LMAO what muscle's...in MY stomach??????? HAH! Now to just get through these couple of days without Steve here and on the road to recooperation then we have a Baptism to plan, pictures to be taken on a pretty day **fingers crossed** and a possible move coming up hmm it all seems very comfortable, not scary nor dramatic and I am SO excited!!!!! I'm sorry if I left out anything important, isn't it hard when you sit down to do this it seems everything just floods your mind and you can't type fast enough.....Til' next time..........

1 comment:

Bon said...

That is exciting news! I hope that you continue to stay positive and feel better! Hopefully that will cure all the head aches for good! Love ya and thanks again for sharing your story!